Skip to main content

Facilitator Support in an Online Course

It is interesting the role that a facilitator has in an online course.  I often wonder to what extent the facilitator should engage in the facilitation...do you guide the knowledge construction to the point that you are steering the learners, or do you simply guide and support what the learners gather and monitor that they simply do not veer off course?  Or does the pedagogical approach dictate this?
This is a short musing simply to test the Blogger platform and with the permission of the blog owner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work Packet 1

?WHY? I have decided to sign up for the Open Networked Learning Course….. WHY WHY WHY Well......  A friend-colleague of mind did the course and said she it stretched her as she needed to learn many new things. She is a spatial statistician….. so it made me a bit nervous….. I mean if she struggled in parts, what about me as a mere social scientist?? BUT, she said it’s a LOOC and freely accessible on-line. So I said “why not?” Wish-list My mini-wish-list to get out of the course: ·         😎  Learn what on earth ONL actually IS? ·          😎  Become more digitally agile ·           😎  Open up expanded possible professional pathways for me Fears Of course I was scared of not being able to pull it off: ·         💣 Won’t be savvy enough to “get it” ·         💣 Not enough time in between a full schedule ·         💣 Starting and not completing By the time I went on-line to check out the course it was only a few days before the start.